We pursue sustainability in all of our operations, and take account various ecological, social and financial perspectives. In short, everything we do supports sustainable development. Finlandia Hall Ltd has granted three certifications: the Quality Management System standard ISO 9001:2015 and the Environmental Management System standard ISO 14001:2015, which are valid for Conference and Congress Services, Concerts and Events. Finlandia Hall Ltd has recognised for Excellence 4 star from European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM) on December 2016. Quality work has started since 2003 and sustainability work since 2008. Before ISO 14001 certification we had WWF’s Green Office certification since November 2009. All of our partners are committed to sustainable development and conservation.
Through several sustainability projects and improvements we have been able to make major savings in energy consumption and conservations.
- - Energy consumption is monitored in electricity, district heating, district cooling and water. We have managed to cut down our energy consumption 33 % from 2008 to 2017.
- - We are committed to select environmental friendly energy options for all of our spaces and to follow green ICT policies.
- - The heating, air conditioning and the lighting are controlled individually for each space.
- - Energy-efficient and LED lights provide our lighting.
- - 180 solar panels produce up to 20-25 % of our energy consumption during best summer days.
- - Air-conditioning temperatures and circulation power are controlled automatically based on the number of participants at each event.
- - Some of our air conditioning units are capable of recycling cooled air. Our air conditioning system uses environmentally friendly filters.
- - Water consumption is minimized through the use of automatic faucets, dual-flush toilets and waterless urinals.
- - We have mostly replaced paper towels with cloth towels and hand dryers.
- - Our furniture is made from natural materials, and we favor environmentally friendly materials and products.
- - Finlandia Restaurant has been granted the Ecocompass certificate for their constant work for the environment. Restaurant is also committed to the Steps to Organic program.